These dos and don’ts of summer weddings will help make sure your celebration goes off without a hitch!
- Make sure you have a way to help guests stay cool and comfortable. Soaring temperatures with no relief from the heat are not conducive to a party mood! Set up plenty of buckets with ice cold water near the ceremony and reception site, and make sure an outdoor venue has shady areas or portable air conditioning units for sweet relief from the sun.
- Consider the fare being served; a heavy meal does not go well with warm temperatures! Chilled fruit, tarts and pies instead of wedding cake, and frozen beverages are all perfect for a summer wedding.
- Place bug zappers or citronella candles around the ceremony and reception site of an outdoor wedding to avoid pesky bugs becoming an irritant to you and your guests.
- Do not leave your wedding invitations to the last minute. Summer is the season where most families plan a vacation together, so make sure to send out save-the-date cards in plenty of time.
- Make sure not to forget about sunscreen! Make sure the bride and groom, plus all members of the bridal party, slather exposed skin with plenty of sunblock to avoid a painful burn. To ensure your guests stay comfortable, consider having extra bottles of sunscreen available for them.
- Don’t plan your wedding during the sun’s peak hours; a late afternoon or early evening wedding and reception are perfect for a summer wedding.
Having a summer wedding requires a little more consideration to different aspects of the ceremony and reception, but these dos and don’ts should help make your celebration a lot more fun for you and your guests!